Ranger RCI-2970N2 DX AM-FM-SSB-CW 10 & 12 Meter Mobile Radio Reviews
- Variable output power control from 10 watts to 200 watts; Programmable repeater offset.
- Large frequency display with dimmer; New backlite display; Public address feature.
- Active frequency scanner; 16 programmable/erasable frequencies; frequency selector lockout.
- Receiver clarifier (±0.5kHz); Improved receiver design; Noise blanker/ANL circuitry.
- This is not a Citizens Band (CB) radio and does not operate on those frequencies (they are in the 11 meter band).
This model features microprocessor control of not one but two amateur bands. The RCI-2970N2, rated at 200W PEP, is perfect for the recent band openings on 10 and 12 meters. Now you can upgrade your mobile Ham capabilities with a radio that is rich in features and reasonable in cost. This model retained the operating features of its popular predecessors, including programmable repeater offset and capabilities for a CTCSS tone option – for increasing repeater activity on 10 meters – and receiver scanning for quick search of active frequencies. The units offer three methods of frequency selection, non-volatile memory to store and scan up to ten favorite frequencies, and front panel frequency selector lockout. In addition, this model offers an impressive array of design and performance improvements: 1. Improved receiver: designed for increased sensitivity and image rejections. 2. Double FET balanced mixer: for improved receiver intermodulation rejection. 3. New power supply protection: and temperature compensation for improved stability and reliability over wide temperature ranges. 4. Surface mount components: for increased resistance to shock and vibration. 5. Improved display lighting: for easy reading in a wide range of light conditions. 6. Variable Power Output from 10 watts to 200 watts (RCI-2970N2).
Find More Ranger Bands Products